Friday, December 16, 2005

Pondering the Meaning of the 'Blog

So what exactly does one put for their first weblog post? Should this have been a manifesto staking out my claim to be an expert on some particular subject? Perhaps I could have written an elegant missive espousing my own personal philosophy? Maybe it should have been a detailed and well-sourced critique of the spread of yellow journalism.

Well, the first post isn’t any of those things because this ‘blog isn’t any of those things. I may touch on all of the subjects above, or I may spend hours writing about the wacky exploits my proverbial neighbor’s doctor’s cousin’s cat. See, it's all what I'm thinking about. Or just what looks shiny over in the corner.

Welcome to my bit-stream of consciousness. Swimmers beware, there are no life guards on duty…

No comments: