Friday, December 16, 2005

Protecting the Children by Annoying Me

I am one of those people that usually knows when the weather is changing because something hurts. Somethings in my case. They go by the fancy name of sinuses, but really they are just holes inside my head. Changes in atmospheric pressure, allergies, and who knows what else block 'em up. Blocked sinuses lead to pain and general crankiness. Thus, I take decongestants. And that is why proposed restrictions to the sale of pseudoephedrine based drugs makes me cranky. Like so many of the laws in the U.S. seem to do now, this will make the life of the law abiding citizen a little bit more annoying while not affecting the criminals a whit.

The fact that the restrictions are attached to the Patriot Act just adds symmetry to the whole story.

No comments: