Monday, April 10, 2006

Say Klaatu Berata Nikto Before Touching

From the yuck department, a three hundred year old book that seems to be bound in human skin has turned up in England. According to the report, the text is mostly French and it was "not uncommon around the time of the French Revolution for books to be covered in human skin." No word on the books contents. Or if it was written by the mad Arab Abdul AlHazrad?

[Now, I don't normally explain my posts within my posts. Or ever for that matter, but I'll make an exception this time because I stumbled across a link that is just pure Internet. The reference the AlHazrad above refers to H. P. Lovecraft's fictitious author of the equally fictitious book Necronomicon. The headline, refers to what Ash had to say in "Army of Darkness" before picking up a book of that name. (Some time ago, I posted about the phrase itself, which is from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and ties all this stuff together.) I was hoping for a simple Wikipedia entry, or something similar. That I found and used above. I didn't find it directly, however. What I did find is something conspiracy theorists (and conspiracy role playing gamers) will just love. I urge you to consider this link as pure entertainment and fiction, if only to keep the Fnord off my back. ;) And now you know why I don't usually explain these things...]

No comments: