Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Arrival of October

October has finally arrived.  It was a bit slow in coming this year, but this morning dawned with bright skies, a touch of color on the leaves, and a cool crispness in the air.  As the year-round-work of the adult lifestyle settled in, the fall became my favorite time of the year.  November and December contain my major work holidays, with carefully hoarded vacation days standing ready to give me a spell from the daily grind, but it's October that wakes me from the summer doldrums.  The oppressive heat and humidity lifts, the pervasive pollen dissipates, and the cool temps snap you awake in the morning as surely as a warm bed cradles you to sleep.  Also there's Halloween.

It's a built in excuse to fire up the creativity again, especially for a fan of the weird such as myself.  So today, I thought I would share a couple of things that I've found interesting and inspiring recently.

I have been enjoying the writings of



No comments: