Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Babylon Quotes Project

From Babylon 5 "The Gathering" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "Why should I trust you?" "Because I gave you my word. And because right now five marksmen are taking up position outside."
  • "Notice the waves, each moving in its own order, predictable, unchanging. But drop in a single stone, and see how the pattern changes. Everything around it is altered. ...there are books, thousands of pages about the power of one mind to change the universe, but none say it as clearly as this."
  • "Do you not have files on the Vorlons? Of course, very large files. There's nothing in them of course."
  • "Would you prefer to be conscious or unconscious during the mating? I would prefer conscious, but I don't know what your pleasure threshold is."
  • "Can you imagine what we could achieve together!?" "I can. Which is why it must never be allowed to happen."
  • "I suppose there will be a war now, hmm? All that running around and shooting at one another, you would have thought sooner or later it would go out of fashion."
  • "We were pretty good sharks ourselves once. Somehow along the way, we forgot how to bite."
  • ""Entil'zah Valen."
  • "The sky was full of stars, and every star an exploding ship, one of ours."
  • "There is a hole in your mind."
  • "Beep beep"
  • "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." quoting Tennyson

From Babylon 5 "Midnight on the Firing Line" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth-Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last, best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5."
  • "I'm in the middle of fifteen things, all of them annoying."
  • "My father always told me: the best way to understand someone is to fight him, make him angry. That's when you see the real person."
  • "Ignore the propaganda, focus on what you see."
  • "I've always thought that a leader should have a strong chin. He has no chin, and his Vice President has several. This to me is not a good combination."
  • "The wheel turns, does it not, ambassador?"
  • "Your time has come and gone! It's our turn now!"
  • "Twenty years from now, one of us will be wiser and older, or one of us will be dead, who's to say. Me, I need another drink."
  • "Commander, on the subject of galactic peace I am long past innocence and fast approaching apathy. It's all a game, a paper fantasy of names and borders. Only one thing matters, Commander: blood calls out for blood."
  • "They are alone. They are a dying people. We should let them pass."
  • "To start a war over blood spilled so long ago... Where does it end? You kill them and take their land. They kill you and take the land back. On and on and on, the cycle of hatred."
  • "Would you have really killed me?" "Yes. Yes I would have. But I'm just as glad I didn't have to. The paperwork's a pain in the butt."
  • "Perhaps tomorrow we can start out on better terms." "I very much doubt it."

From Babylon 5 "Soul Hunter" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again. Open defense grid!"
  • "It wouldn't be so bad if life didn't take so long to figure out. It seems you just start to get it right and then... it's over." "It doesn't matter. If we lived two hundred years we'd still be human, we'd still make the same mistakes." "You're a pessimist." "I'm Russian, Doctor. We understand these things."

No comments: