Monday, October 21, 2013

Meanwhile, Over on Facebook

OK, so, facebook ads. Normally, they don't even register, but I'm tired and my eyes wandered. Clearly they have a skewed view of what I am interested in because there's an ad there for the Kardashian Kollection. (No, it wasn't spelled with a K, but who cares?) The Netflix one is reasonable, and the Gieco one is inescapable. And then there was this piece of choice spam-bait: "Three questions get any girl."

First: yes I'm single, thanks for rubbing my face in it. Jerks. Second: clearly ad = marketing = prevarication, manipulation, and lies. I mean, really, there could never be three questions that, in combination, would universally attract any woman. Unfortunately, work-mode brain started with the premise and ran with pondering just what those questions could be...

The only one I've come up with so far is, "Would you like to explore an opportunity to have more shoes."

No comments: