Friday, October 4, 2013

The Babylon Quotes Project

From Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows" written by J. Michael Straczynski"
  • "I believe there are currents in the universe, eddies and tides that pull us one way or the other. Some we have to fight, and some we have to embrace. Unfortunately the currents we have to fight look exactly like the ones we have to embrace."
  • "The universe doesn't give you any points for doing things that are easy."
  • "There is an old saying, do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
  • "Perhaps it is magic. The magic of the human heart, focused and made manifest by technology. Every day you here create greater miracles than the burning bush." "Maybe, but God was there first, and He didn't need solar batteries and a fusion reactor to do it."
  • "We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers."
  • "There is a storm coming, a black and terrible storm."
  • "It doesn't make any sense to go around killing each other over a piece of cloth." "You do same, yes, for flag, for honor." "That's different." "Is it?"
  • "I could warn you, of course, but you would not listen. I could kill you, but someone would take your place, so I do the only thing I can. I go."
  • "...I see a great hand reaching out of the stars."

No comments: