Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Babylon Quotes Project

From Babylon 5 "A Day in the Strife" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "He is friendly. He keeps to himself. He wouldn't even spy on your government. He would consider it rude."
  • "I'm not entirely sure what my superiors back home would think if I suddenly began showing up places with a Narn bodyguard." "They would say, here is a man who will live to be a hundred and fifty."
  • "You have been promoted. You will earn more money, receive more attention, women may even come to find you attractive. In time."
  • "Ah. I have always been alone."
  • "I don't want to get killed because of a typo. It'd be embarrassing."
  • "If that thing blows at least it'll save me from one more annoying conversation."
  • "I swear, if we live through this somebody's going to find their automatic shower preferences reprogrammed for ice water."
  • "If I live through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions." "Well, there goes my faith in the Almighty."
  • "It's better to die in the cause of freedom than to live in comfort as a slave."
  • "I carry my sword in my hand. You carry yours in your heart and in your mind. As I see it, that gives you a two-to-one advantage in arms."

From Babylon 5 "Passing Through Gethsemane" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "I've always thought that if you're gonna sin you may as well go for one of the really big ones."
  • "Oh, I'm an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth kind of guy, Ambassador." "So you support a system that would leave everyone blind and toothless." "Not everyone, just the bad guys."
  • "Nightmares. The way my life has been going lately, who'd notice."
  • The soliloquy that begins, "On the night before our Lord was crucified..."
  • "Is there enough forgiveness for what I've done?" "Always, Edward. Always."
  • "Where does revenge end and justice begin? Forgiveness is a hard thing, isn't it Theo." "I don't think anything can ever be more difficult."

From Babylon 5 "Voices of Authority" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "It will be fun. Assuming you're not vaporized, dissected, or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways. Exciting isn't it!"
  • "I like you. You're trouble."
  • "You understand that sometimes, before you can deal with a problem you have to redefine it." "You can't deal with problems by pretending they don't exist."
  • "There may be some minor and temporary abridgments in the traditionally protected areas of speech and association, but only until this crisis is over."
  • "The Minbari taught me, claim victory in your heart and the universe will follow." "Fine, great, claim victory in your heart and up your..."

From Babylon 5 "Dust to Dust" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "There is a difference between the position and the person who's occupying it at the moment."
  • "I will not support murder. We can not kill him." "Can we wound him, just a little?"
  • "One is foolish, the other frightened." "Telling which one is which, that's the hard part."
  • "A darkness carried in the heart can not be cured by moving the body from one place to another."
  • "They are deeply spiritual people." "Yes, now that you can leave in, it always scares people." "Londo, are you deliberately trying to drive me insane?" "The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant."
  • "Who are you?" "I am who I have always been."
  • "You have the opportunity here and now to choose, to become something greater, and nobler, and more difficult than you have been before. The universe does not offer such chances often, J'Kar." "Why now? Why not earlier? All this time, where have you been?" "I have always been here."

No comments: