Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Babylon Quotes Project

From Babylon 5 "Messages from Earth" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "You can find it in the index under SUAEI." "SUAEI?" "Shut up and eat it!"
  • "I'm going to kill him. After breakfast. If I can find him."
  • "I've taken the opportunity provided by my incarceration to meditate, to think, sometimes I even sing." "I know, we got a petition." "For or against?" "Based on the sound, they think we're torturing you in here." <Hearty laughter>
  • "You know, a true artist is never appreciated in his own time." "Or his own cell block?"
  • "You can learn much from silence."
  • "The decision is mine and mine alone. And it's made."
  • "Don't worry, I will watch and catch you if you fall."
  • "In Valen's name, it's awake!'
  • "If we can't out fight it, let's hope we can out think it."
  • "If I were holding anything back I would tell you."
  • "And to confirm earlier reports, President Clark has signed a decree today declaring martial law throughout Earth central, citing threats to planetary security."
From Babylon 5 "Point of No Return" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "I thought the purpose of filing these reports was to provide accurate intelligence." "Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics."
  • "Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age, and reconsidered in death."
  • "There is always choice. We say there is no choice only to comfort ourselves with a decision we have already made. If you understand that, there's hope. If not..."
  • "This isn't a game! You better get your priorities straight, and you better do it fast, because Hell's coming five steps behind me, and you don't want to be on the wrong side when it gets here."
  • "Unfortunately, while all answers are replies, not all replies are answers."
  • "Always plant a lie inside a truth, it makes it easier to swallow."
  • "The future reveals itself only reluctantly, Ambassador. Take the sign for what it is, look for it when it appears."
  • "I have time, all the time in the world. Do you?"
From Babylon 5 "Severed Dreams" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "Because as much as our humanity got us into this, our humanity is the only thing that's going to get us out of it."
  • "The Grey Council has said, 'the problems of others are not our concern.'"
  • "Never start a fight, but always finish it."
  • "This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection, withdraw or be destroyed." "Negative, we have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship." "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives be somewhere else."
  • "Listen, I've been trying to think of some way to tell you how much what you did means to me and, uh, well, thank you seems poor and inadequate."
I seem never to be able to watch these three separately anymore. Though there are a couple of individual episodes I enjoy more, this trio together remains my favorite part of the show.

No comments: