Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Babylon Quotes Project

From Babylon 5 "Ship of Tears" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "He who controls information controls the world."
  • "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blow you out of the sky." "Because you're curious? Kill me and you'll never know what brought me all the way out here. I think if you weigh that against the brief satisfaction of blowing me out of the sky, you'll do the right thing. [a pause] Captain?" "I'm thinking it over."
  • "I can only wait so long." "I thought your patience was infinite." "Since space and time are curved, the infinite sooner or later bends back upon itself and ends up where it began, and so have I."
  • "I was expecting the Captain." "He sent me." "Did he? He has a better sense of humor than I thought."
  • "Are you sure you want to do this?" "Want to? No. Have to? Yes."
  • "Get the hell out of my chair."
  • "And some day, when all of this is over, perhaps you will find it in your heart to forgive me." "Perhaps. But not today."
  • "Do not thump The Book of J'Quan, it is disrespectful."

From Babylon 5 "Interludes and Examinations" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "When the Vorlon goes to ground, I worry."
  • "If you violate the terms of our agreement, my associates may turn their eye toward your home world." "Then we shall pluck it out."
  • "Anything I can do to help?" "Short of dying, no, can't think of a thing."
  • For three years now, you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing but stand there and look cryptic!"
  • "You said you wanted to teach me to fight legends, well you're a legend too!"
  • "Unless your people get off their encounter-suited butts and do something, I've got nothing to lose!"
  • "I will do as you ask. But there is a price to pay."
  • "You do not understand, but you will."
  • "Gods, Vir, I feel happy! I'd almost forgotten what it was like."
  • "Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave."
  • "Everyone around me dies, Mr. Morden, except the ones that most deserve it."
  • "I was so obsessed with fixing other peoples' problems because I was afraid to look at my own."

No comments: