Monday, January 20, 2014

The Babylon Quotes Project

From Babylon 5 "The Illusion of Truth" by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "There's something far worse than the Shadows: reporters."
  • "Commander. Did you threaten to grab this man by the collar and throw him out an airlock?" "Yes, I did." "I'm shocked. Shocked and dismayed. I'd remind you we are short on supplies here. We can't afford to take perfectly good clothing and throw it out into space. Always take the jacked off first. I told you that before. Sorry, she meant to say stripped naked and thrown out an airlock. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused."
  • "We have an open door policy." "And an open airlock policy." "Commander." "Sorry."
  • "The objective journalist is one of those great myths you read about like a griffon, or a phoenix, or an honest politician."
  • "The heart does as the heart does."
This episode is a wonderful piece of work, and was a heck of a gut punch the first time I saw it.

No comments: