Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Babylon Quotes Project

From Babylon 5 "The Face of the Enemy" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "The truth, the whole, absolute truth, is only a few days away. How many people can say that?" "I don't know, but I think the last guy got thirty pieces of silver for the same job."
  • "You haven't lost one yet, sir." "I've lost a few. Just made damn sure nobody heard about it."
  • "What's going on? You all look like a Pak'ma'ra ate your cat."
  • "It's the tyranny of evolution. Sooner or later you have a species that will have a genetic or technological advantage, and that species will always conquer the species without that advantage."
  • "The person is expendable, the job isn't."

From Babylon 5 "Intersections in Real Time" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "I am not the enemy. To be the enemy, I must have some personal stake in what happens to you. I'm not interested in that at all. I'm here to do a job, nothing more. You are a name, a file, and a case number, that is all."
  • "The truth is fluid; the truth is subjective. Out there it doesn't matter what time it is. In here it's lunchtime if you and I decide that it is. The truth is sometimes what you believe it to be, and other times what you decide it to be."
  • "Governments make policy. Soldiers have to accept those policies even when they're completely contradictory."
  • "I've always felt that if you eat a little poison every day, you get used to it. It desensitizes you until you can swallow large amounts of it with no difficulty whatsoever. I've always thought that that was a metaphor. I could just never decide what for."
  • "You've been interrogated before?" "Yes." "Anyone I know?" "You'd be surprised."
  • "I'm afraid. I've never been afraid before." "We're all afraid. Don't give them what they want."
  • "You must understand, he was expendable from the moment he arrived. We are all expendable, just parts in a machine."
  • "If anything, they'll encourage you travel, so that more people can see you as, as a symbol of the preeminent truth of our time: that you can not beat the system."

From Babylon 5 "Between the Darkness and the Light" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "Politically it is very wise." "Morally, it is even wiser." "Politics and morality on the same side? That doesn't happen every day, Delenn." "If someone doesn't begin making sense here, I am going to become most annoyed."
  • "She's a much better lair than you are." "Thank you. Wait a minute..."
  • "I don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite."
  • "That's the last time I'll ever trust you." "Also the first."
  • "Who is this! Identify yourself!" "Who am I? I am Susan Ivonova, Commander, daughter of Andre and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me."

No comments: