Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Babylon Quotes Project

From Babylon 5 "The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • You have that vacant look in your eyes that says, "hold my head to your ear, you'll hear the sea".
  • "He must follow the calling of his heart." "And if he's not, if he's just running away to avoid the situation here?" "The universe will teach him what he needs to know."
  • "Perhaps it's better if I die now, if only to, to spite fate."
  • "There's a time for charity and a time for truth. You're almost out of both."
  • "Prophecy is a guess that comes true. When it doesn't, it's a metaphor."
  • "It was not my fault! I said..." "You said nothing!"
  • "Whether it was me or my world, whether it was a total stranger or your worst enemy, you were a witness! It doesn't matter if they'd stopped! It doesn't matter if they'd listened! You had an obligation to speak out!"
  • "No Vir, the universe is an evil place, but at least it seems to have a sense of humor about the whole thing."

From Babylon 5 "The Paragon of Animals" written by J. Michael Straczynski
  • "Come all the way out here just to depress me? "Naw, I can do that any time."
  • "I'm not big on guns either, but if everyone else has 'em, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • "If you're going to make a point, why not make it so no one misses it."
  • "Dukhat once told me, 'If you can create sufficient fear in your enemies, you may not have to fight them. Always remember that terror is also a form of communication.'"
  • [The intro to the Declaration of Principles.]

No comments: