Thursday, April 24, 2014

Oh Lord, the Puns

It's official, I broke my toe, but that's not why I'm writing. I'm writing because the name of the doctor that confirmed it for me is Lord. Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to preserve the pretense that I am a normal, businesslike, adult type person when confronted with DR. LORD?

"How do you feel today?" "Good, Lord."

I want Dr. Lord to have a mountain house he calls Heaven, because I dearly want to believe his receptionist has told someone, "I'm sorry, Dr. Lord has ascended to Heaven for the weekend."

"Dr. Lord, do you ever hire a Morgan Freeman impersonator to meet new patients, just to mess with them?" (Older generations may substitute George Burns for this joke.)

"Who lives up there?" "Oh, that's the Lords' house." "Huh, it doesn't look like a church."

If Dr. Lord was old fashioned British gentry, he could be Lord Lord of Lord Manor.

I could do this all day.  It's possible I already did.

No comments: