Friday, August 7, 2015

Weirded Out By Linguistic Analysis

IBM has this Personality Insights thing that uses linguistic analysis to generate a personality profile based on a person's writings. On a whim, I plugged in the only thing I have written recently that was entirely out of my own brain, and the results were, with maybe one exception, quite accurate.

I think this may be the first time I have legitimately been creeped out by a computer.

For the curious (I know, nobody, say instead for my records), here's what Friend Computer had to say about me:
You are shrewd and skeptical.
You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them.
You are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself.
And you are solemn: you are generally serious and do not joke much.
Your choices are driven by a desire for efficiency.
You consider independence to guide a large part of what you do: you like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them.
You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.
 Hat tip to Felicia Day for pointing this one out. (Note: that link could be considered PG-13/NSFW.)

No comments: