Saturday, April 22, 2017

Bookworming: Vision of the Future

Vision of the Future, Timothy Zhan, **
This volume concludes the story started in Spectre of the Past. Like the rest of the Zhan Star Wars books, I find it doesn't hold up as well as I remembered, and I didn't particularly remember this one  fondly to begin with. My primary issue with it is not having read the other "Extended Universe" books.  Future is steeped in the characters and events of those other books (and sets up what is apparently one of the most hated arcs in that loose series). As with its predecessor, it is more star diplomacy than Star Wars, and spread too thin between characters and through-lines. I suspect fans of the Star Wars novels might have a different opinion from mine, but this one is for them anyway.

No comments: